Pepquiño® is the Koppert Cress brand name for a fruit.
The slight sour cucumber flavour of Pepquiño makes it a perfect ingriedient for salads, in stir-fried dishes or simply as a snack. Pepquiño absorbs every flavour, whether salty, sweet, or sour, if you prick the fruit or cut it open. Pepquiño is decorative and adds something extra to any dish.
100 % natural, the Pepquiño® is a very ancient species and therefore it is difficult to determine its precise origin. Our research shows that this ‘micro-cucumber’ (which is actually closer to its cousin the melon), originates from South America.
Pepquiño is available from April till November and can easily be stored for up to seven days at a temperature of 2-7°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Pepquiño meets the hygienic kitchen standards. The products only need rinsing, since they are grown clean and hygienically.
1 of 5
1 of 5
1 of 5
1 of 5
- Bitter, Sour, Salty, Umami
- African, Alpine, Asian, Balkan, Creolic, Nederlands, French, Greek, Italian, Mediteranean, Portugese, Spanish, Turkish
- Blanching, Canning, Chopping, Cold infusion, Covering, Cutting out with shape, Decoration, Fermenting, Garnish, Injection, Marinating, Pickling, Smoke, Sous vide, Steaming, Stir frying
- White, Green
- Alcohol, Cocktail, Crustaceans, Dessert, Fish, Fruit, Functional, Infusion, Lunch, Main course, Snack, Soup, Starter, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables, Water
- Taste Friends
- Gin, Rum, Vodka, Chocolate, Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Coconut, Cucumber, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Olives, Peas, Granatapfel, Pumpkin, Strawberry, Watermelon, Rabbit, Dill, Fennel, Mint, Beef, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Turkey, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Salt, Vanilla, Chili, Beetroot, Ginger, Olive oil, Ponzu, Rice, Seaweed, Soy sauce, Tofu, Yuzu