Red Mustard Cress, mild mustard with notes of cauliflower
Red Mustard Cress has a mild mustard flavour with notes of cauliflower.
- North Europe
- Taste / Aroma
- mild mustard with notes of cauliflower
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Asparagus, BBQ, Fathers Day, Game, Halloween, Mushroom, Mussel, Pumpkin, Truffle
- Cold, 2-7 °C
Red Mustard Cress has a mild mustard flavour with notes of cauliflower. The colour of the cress gives it a playful character.
Red Mustard Cress goes well with hearty meats and fish, such as beef tenderloin or skate wing. It also combines well with different cabbages and potato. A mustard soup is only complete after a topping with fresh Red Mustard Cress.
Red Mustard Cress is a traditional Dutch product which is still cultivated in the Netherlands today. Visitors to the Netherlands often think that the many yellow fields which can be seen in the summer are rapeseed fields. Actually, most of the fields are mustard fields. Mustard is primarily used as a green fertiliser. But the seed is harvested for Koppert Cress and for the mustard industry.
Red Mustard Cress is available year round and can easily be stored for up to seven days at a temperature of 2-7°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Red Mustard Cress meets the hygienic kitchen standards. The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically. Red Mustard Cress is, as all the Koppert Cress cresses and specialties, produced according to the SQF 2000 guidelines.
Mustard is a known allergen. Red Mustard Cress is not true mustard, but it does contain the substance that causes an allergic reaction to mustard.
1 of 5
1 of 5
- Bitter, Umami
- African, Alpine, Australian, Balkan, Baltic, Nederlands, French, Nordic, North American, Russian, Turkish
- 16 bakjes in een solitairdoos (30x40 cm), 12 bakjes CressSingles, Folie
- Decoration, Garnish, Marinating, Pickling, Smoke, Stir frying
- Breakfast, Crustaceans, Fish, Game, Grill, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Pizza, Poultry, Salad, Sandwich, Snack, Soup, Starter, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Cheese (others), Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Fish (saltwater), Shellfish, Apple, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Pineapple, Pumpkin, Tomato, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Basil, Mint, Parsely, Ants, Insects (others), Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Shiitake mushroom, Truffle, Mushrooms (others), Pistachio, Walnut, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Kalkoen, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Cinnamon, Cumin, Mustard, Salt, Vanilla, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Celery, Broccoli, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chicory, Garlic, Ginger, Lettuce, Onion, Potato, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Bread, Couscous, Egg, Olive oil, Pumpkin seeds, Rice, Seaweed, Soy sauce, Tofu
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium