Sechuan Cress®, electric, numbing, sparkling
A green leaf, which creates a light sparkling (champagne) to anaesthetic sensation in the mouth.
- Africa, South America
- Taste / Aroma
- electric, numbing, sparkling
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Asparagus, Easter, Game, Halloween, Mothersday, Mushroom, Mussel, Pumpkin, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Valentine's Day
- Warm, 12-16 °C
Sechuan Cress® is the Koppert Cress brand name for an edible plant. A green leaf, which creates a light sparkling (champagne) to anaesthetic sensation in the mouth.
Sechuan Cress is a great addition to cocktails, fruit juices, amuses-bouches, and sorbets. It stimulates the appetite and cleanses the palate.
Sechuan Cress has been developed from the plant that produces the Sechuan Button, the effect however is much milder. The plant which has its origen in Africa and South America, when those two continents where still connected. Now it is only found in specific areas of Africa. The name Sechuan Buttons was chosen because of its flavour, which is comparable to the Sechuan Pepper.
Sechuan Cress is available year round and can easily be stored for up to seven days at a temperature of 12-16°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Sechuan Cress meets the hygienic kitchen standards.
The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically.
1 of 5
2 of 5
3 of 5
2 of 5
2 of 5
- Sweet, Salty, Sour, Bitter, Sour
- African, Argentinian, Chinese, Creolic, French, Japanese, Korean, Mexican, South American
- Solitair (16 items), CressSingle, CressSleeve
- Baking, Blanching, Blending, Breading, Bruising, Chopping, Cold infusion, Confiture, Extracting, Fermenting, Freezing, Gel, Hot infusion, Macerate, Marinating, Oil, Pickling, Smoke, Sous vide, Stir frying, Syrup
- Alcohol, Breakfast, Cheese, Cocktail, Coffee, Crustaceans, Dessert, Fish, Fruit, Functional, Game, Grill, Infusion, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Pastry, Pizza, Poultry, Salad, Sandwich, Snack, Soup, Starter, Sushi, Tea, Vegetarian, Vegetables, Water
- Taste Friends
- Gin, Rum, Vodka, Cheese (others), Chocolate, Coffee, Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Apricot, Banana, Berries, Blueberry, Cherry, Citrus, Coconut, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Figs, Grapefruit, Grapes, Kalamansi, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Mango, Olives, Orange, Passion fruit, Peach, Pear, Peas, Pineapple, Plum, Granatapfel, Pumpkin, Raspberry, Red fruit, Strawberry, Tomato, Watermelon, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Basil, Fennel, Mint, Rosemary, Sage, Tarragon, Ants, Insects (others), Beans, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Mushrooms (others), Almonds, Hazelnut, Pistachio, Walnut, Nuts, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Turkey, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Cinnamon, Cumin, Vanilla, Chili, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Beetroot, Celery, Broccoli, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chicory, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Kale, Kidney beans, Lettuce, Onion, Potato, Radish, Rhubarb, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Bread, Couscous, Egg, Liquorice, Olive oil, Ponzu, Pumpkin seeds, Rice, Sugar, Tofu, Yuzu