(For 6 to 8 portions)
- ½ punnet Syrha Leaves
- 850gr fresh apricots
- 250gr puff pastry
- 40gr unsalted butter
- 100gr caster sugar
- 100ml water
- Cut the butter into small piece and keep aside.
- Cut all the apricot in half (remove the stones).
- Lay the puff pastry in a circle, same size as the cake dish.
- Pour the sugar and the water in a thick saucepan and make a caramel.
- Once the caramel becomes dark golden, add all the butter at once and wisk to incorporate nicely.
- Pour the caramel straight away in a cake dish, making sure that the bottom is well covered.
- Arrange the apricot in the dish, starting by the side and finishing in the middle.
- Cover with the puff pastry and cook in a hot oven at 180°C for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, and press slightly with another dish.
- Turn the tart upside down making sure to collect and reserve the caramel.
- Serve with the caramel and a few Syrha Leaves.
- The combination is very good and surprising as the sharpness of the leaves cut through the sweetness of the apricot.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress