Avocado onion rings with Adji Cress, Gastronomixs
A spectacular and ingenious preparation with avocado and onion! In fact, it is the ideal combination between deep-fried onion rings, a Dutch ‘bitterbal’ (mini meat croquette), and the ever-popular guacamole. The Adji Cress from Koppert Cress adds a subtle
- 2 Spanish onions
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 3 containers Adji Cress
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- egg white
- Finely mash the avocados with a fork and immediately add the juice and zest of the lime.
- Cut the Adji Cress and stir this through the avocado. Season with salt, pepper, and if desired some good olive oil for extra moistness.
- Clean the onion and cut into rings 1cm in thickness.
- Pull the onion rings apart and lay the rings with a diameter of 5-6cm on a baking tray covered with plastic film.
- Spread the avocado mix into each onion ring and smooth off the top.
- Place the onion rings in the freezer and freeze solid
- Coat the frozen onion rings with panko à l’Anglaise.
- Deep-fry the onion rings at 180˚C until golden brown.
- As a snack with drinks, served with a yoghurt sauce.
- As an amuse-bouche.
- As a vegetable garnish.
Say yes to the cress