- 20 g char caviar per plate
- Gangnam Tops from Koppert Cress
- Paztizz Tops from Koppert Cress
- 1 tsp chopped herbs per plate consisting of dill
- chive oil
For the trout:
- 10 pieces of trout fillet of 50 g each
- 1 l rapeseed oil
- lime zest
For the lentils:
- 100 g of red lentils
- 1 shallot in small brunoise
- 20 g apple in brunoise
- 20 g celery in brunoise
- chopped chervil
- White wine
- poultry stock
- White wine vinegar
- vegetable oil
For the mushroom cream sauce:
- 500 g mushrooms
- old balsamic vinegar (9 years)
For the raw mushroom slices:
- 5 large mushrooms
- 20 sheets of phyllo dough
- 1 tbsp mushroom powder
For the whey juice:
- 1 l whey juice
- 50 g of butter
- lime juice
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Heat the trout fillets in rapeseed oil at 48°C until translucent, drain on a cloth and season with a bit of salt and lime zest.
- Sweat the lentils and shallot in oil and deglaze with a little white wine. Add some poultry stock and cook until al dente.
- Then add the brunoises of apple and celery, stir well and season with chervil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into thin slices. Keep the leftovers of the mushrooms aside and put them in the dehydrator. Then make this into a fine powder.
- Gently sweat the mushroom slices in a little butter, sprinkle with some salt and pepper and continue cooking until soft.
- Reduce the mushroom moisture and mix together with the mushrooms in the thermomixer to a smooth cream.
- Season with balsamic vinegar and some Madeira and, if necessary, season even more with salt and pepper.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices with a diameter of a few centimetres and cut the phyllo dough into round slices of the same size as the mushrooms.
- Bake the phyllo dough until crisp and let it cool. Sprinkle the mushroom slices per plate with the mushroom powder and place them on the slices of phyllo dough.
- Dress two slices per plate. Reduce the whey to 3 dl, mix with the remaining ingredients to make a slightly sour sauce, cool, then add the other ingredients.
- Spoon the lentils in the centre of the plate and place the trout on top.
- Spoon some mushroom cream on the trout and garnish with the mushroom slices.
- Decorate with the cresses and pour the stock of caviar, herbs and the chive oil all around.
Recipe: Jan Hartwig, Restaurant Atelier
Source: Culinaire Saisonnier 96 - Spring 2020
Say yes to the cress