- 500 g white wine
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 50 g sushi vinegar
- 200 mL dashi (instant if preferred)
- 5 white peppercorns
- 750 g butter, cold
- lime juice
- 2 containers Salicornia Cress
- Heat the white wine, the shallots, the sushi vinegar, the dashi, and the peppercorns.
- Bring to the boil and allow to reduce to a third of the volume.
- Pass through a fine conical sieve.
- Cut the butter into small blocks.
- Mount the sieved gastrique with the blocks of cold butter.
- Season to taste with lime juice and salt.
- Finely cut the Salicornia Cress and stir through the sauce just before serving.
- Use the sauce as an accompaniment to fish, crustaceans, and shellfish.
- Delicious with salmon cooked between Shiso Green leaves.
Say yes to the cress