(For 4 portions)
- 1 punnet Vene Cress
- 450g puff pastry
- 350gr blueberries
- 100gr lemon curd
- 80gr ground almond
- 30gr melted butter
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 small pinch salt
- optional: apricot jelly for glazing
- Make the egg wash first by mixing the egg yolk, water, and salt together then keep aside until use.
- Lay the puff pastry with a rolling pin and make the square shape case, then brush with the egg wash and precook the base in an oven at 220°C for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a mixing bowl, whisk together the ground almond with the whole egg, lemon curd and caster sugar.
- Fold the blueberries into the mix gently and fill the precooked puff pastry case.
- Cook covered at 180°C for 20 to 25 minutes, let cool down and glaze (optional).
- Serve with some freshly cut Vene Cress.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress