Cocktail of red fruits, beetroot, and Sechuan Buttons, Gastronomixs
A deliciously fresh cocktail with a spicy and exotic finish. The Sechuan Buttons® from Koppert Cress add an ‘electric’ zing to the drink. At first it feels a little like the fizz of champagne before producing a slightly numb tingle in the mouth.
- 500 g fresh strawberries
- 200 g fresh raspberries
- 500 mL organic beetroot juice
- 1 lime
- 100 mL agave syrup
- 2 Sechuan Buttons®
- Clean the strawberries and raspberries and puree them in a blender.
- Add the beetroot juice, a Sechuan Button, and the agave syrup and blend again until smooth.
- Add lime juice to taste.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
- Serve in a chilled glass and garnish with a cocktail stick with a Sechuan Button.
- As an alcohol-free cocktail (mocktail).
- As a dessert amuse-bouche.
- As part of a dessert with red fruits.
Say yes to the cress