- 500 mL whipping cream
- 170 g granulated sugar
- 140 g egg yolks
- 8 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- extra granulated sugar
- Make tears here and there in the Kaffir Lime Leaves so that they release more flavour.
- Put them in a pan together with the cream and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and leave to infuse for ten minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Heat the cream again to boiling point, pass through a sieve, and carefully add to the egg yolk mixture.
- Heat the mixture once again until it thickens.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve and divide between moulds or dishes of your choice.
- Bake for 35 minutes in an oven preheated to 105°C.
- Allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with the extra sugar just before serving and scorch with a gas blowtorch.
- As a component in a dessert with citrus components.
- As a dessert on its own.
Say yes to the cress