(to make 4 portions)
- 2 punnets Persinette Cress
- 250g Porcini mushroom
- 4 medium-sized small squash or pattypan squash
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1 clove of finely chopped garlic
- 300g risotto rice
- 175ml or one glass white wine
- 800ml vegetable stock (hot)
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 25g butter
- 50g grated parmesan
- Cut each (pattypan) squash into two, deseed and blanch in salty water.
- Cut two halves of squash into slices and reserve.
- Cut the Porcini mushrooms into long slices and sear on both sides in a bit of butter.
- Using a medium saucepan, melt the rest of the butter and add the diced chopped onions.
- Let cook for 1 minute and add the garlic.
- Leave to cook for 20 seconds and add the wine.
- Let reduce and add the rice.
- Stir the rice for 10 seconds and add half of the hot vegetable stock.
- Let cook as you would normally do for a risotto, adding the rest of the stock as you need it.
- Pour the double cream and mix in half of the grated parmesan at the very end.
- Fold in gently the cooked Porcini mushrooms (keeping a few slices aside for the plate), the diced squash and 1 punnet of Persinette Cress.
- Fill the bottom squash with the risotto and add a few slices of mushrooms on the side, the rest of the Parmesan cheese and the rest of the Persinette Cress.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress