(For 4 portions)
- 1 punnet Tahoon Cress
- 1 punnet Kikuna Leaves
- 250gr cooked green asparagus
- 400ml milk
- 100gr grated parmesan cheese
- 60gr butter + soft for mould
- 60gr flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- Cut the asparagus longwise to fit into the moulds and dice the trimmings.
- Brush the inside of 4 moulds with the soft butter, arrange the asparagus inside and set aside.
- Break the eggs and divide the whites from the yolks into two bowls, adding the extra egg white to the bowl of whites also.
- Make a roux with the 60gr of flour and butter and add the cold milk on top, keep whisking on a medium to high heat until the mix thickens.
- Add the parmesan cheese and seasoning.
- Cool down the mix and pour into the egg yolk, fold together, adding half the diced asparagus trimmings and ½ punnet of freshly cut Tahoon Cress.
- Whisk the egg white until firm and fold gently into the mix.
- Fill up the mould and bake in an oven at 220°C for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with the other half of the diced asparagus, the freshly cut Tahoon Cress and the Kikuna Leaves.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress