(For 4 portions)
- 2 white onion
- 1 flounder watercress
- 1 tray of Hippo Tops
- Arqan argan oil
- 4 bunches of ripe red currant
- Cayenne pepper
- coarse sea salt
- Peel, wash and chop the onion.
- Wash watercress and cut stalks from leaves. Finely chop the stems.
- Stew the stems together with the onion in a dash of argan oil. Season with cayenne and sea salt and moisten with a dash of Super Kroon beer and some water.
- Stew gently under the lid for a few minutes. Now add the watercress leaves, let it boil and mix everything in the blender. Taste and season if necessary.
- Place in the refrigerator.
- Divide the cold watercress soup over the four bowls.
- Place a bunch of red currants in each, as well as some sprigs of Hippo Tops.
- Finish with a few more drops of roasted argan oil flavor.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Techniques: raw, soup
Plate: Wild Moon medium-sized ceramic bowl
Recommended drink: Beer Super Kroon, Brewery De Kroon
Say yes to the cress