- 10 madarin oranges (or tangerines/satsumas)
- 100 g sugar
- 100 mL water
- 4 containers Basil Cress
- 1 tbsp pink peppercorns
- Make a sugar syrup by boiling the water and the sugar. Allow to cool.
- Cut the Basil Cress just above the container rim (keeping a few leaves aside as a garnish).
- Add the Basil Cress to the syrup and finely puree in a blender. Strain through a sieve and collect the syrup.
- Remove the membranes from the mandarin orange segments and divide the segments between the plates.
- Sprinkle liberally with the syrup and a few Basil Cress leaves.
- Sprinkle a few pink peppercorns on top.
- Serve with components of dark chocolate.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or parfait.
- Delicious in a dessert with mascarpone and pistachio sorbet.
Say yes to the cress