(For 4 portions)
- 800 gr waxy potatoes
- 400 gr of green celery
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 to 6 chestnut mushroom
- cup of Motti Cress
- El Flameco olive oil
- Black pepper
- Coarse sea salt
- Peel the potato.
- Cook in water with salt and pressed garlic.
- Drain, crush with a fork and keep warm under lid.
- Cut celery (about half with leafy green) into pieces and wash well so that all the sand is removed.
- Cook celery in water with coarse sea salt until done.
- Then scoop out the cooking liquid and cool under running water. (in this way it retains it’s beautiful green color).
- Keep cooking liquid.
- Mix it together with the cooking juices, olive oil and black pepper into a running sauce.
- Cut celery (other half) into fine pieces and wash well so that all the sand is removed.
- Cook the celery in the boiling water until tender. Then scoop the celery out of the cooking juices under running water. (in this way it retains its beautiful green colour)
- Cut chestnut mushroom into fine slices.
- Divide the lukewarm potato over the plates.
- Divide the crispy celery over the potato
- and drizzle everything with olive oil.
- Spread the slices of mushroom on top and season with black pepper and sea salt.
- Spoon some sauce over the plates and finish with the cress.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Techniques: cooking, sauce, raw
Plate: Wild Moon large flat ceramic
Recommended drink: Red wine, Gamay - Wijndomein Valke Vleug, Scheldeland - Belgium
Say yes to the cress