(For 4 portions)
- small straight tube tumpkin
- curly parsley bunch
- 1 shallot
- 120gr Achel blue chees
- Iluigi olive oil
- Yka Leaves - Koppert Cress
- Foeil powder - Verstegen
- Black pepper - Verstegen
- Coarse sea salt - Verstegen
- Take a piece of pumpkin and peel it. Using a mandolin, make fine long strips of about 14 cm by 4 cm, 3 per person. Finely chop the less beautiful pumpkin pieces into a tartare. Also peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Simmer shallot and pumpkin tartare now gently with a dash of olive oil without coloring.
- Season well with black pepper, sea salt and some mace powder. Now chop a branch of curly parsley and mix into the tartare.
- Briefly cook the 12 slices of pumpkin in boiling water with sea salt (about 30 seconds) and transfer to a towel or kitchen paper.
- Wash a handful of curly parsley and drop briefly into the warm cooking water from the pumpkin. Let it boil for a while and scoop out with the help of a slotted spoon.
- Mix the parsley with a good splash of cooking water and olive oil. Good seasoning with sea salt and black pepper. You now get a spicy smooth green sauce.
To finish off:
- Preheat plates. Put together 3 raviolis on each plate by filling each pumpkin belt with a spoonful of warm tartare. Now spread some green sauce over the plates, crumble some blue cheese, drizzle some olive oil and finish with the Yka leafs.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Plate: Wild Grey Plate
Say yes to the cress