(For 4 portions)
- 160g sustainable halibut
- 4 onions or shallots cut in half
- 100g feta cheese 7% salted
- ½ L chicken stock (well reduced)
- a few stalks of Lemon grass (crushed)
- 8 spinach leaves
- 20g caviar
- ½ punnet Atsina Cress
- ½ punnet Rock Chives
- 8 Bean Blossoms
- Infuse the chicken stock overnight with the lemon grass, then pass through a fine sieve and reduce. You will be using two tablespoons per plate.
- Cut the onions into two, not in length but across, so you can remove the rings once cooked. Vacuum pack in a microwave for around 1 minute or until soft.
- Once you have all the rings burn them face down on a “plancha" type of grill to give the colour and the BBQ flavour.
- Cook the fish pan-fried and finish in the oven.
- Break the feta into small pieces and crush on top of the fish.
- Quickly steep the spinach and keep as whole leaves.
- Plate up the dish with caviar and add the freshly cut Atsina Cress, Rock Chives and the Bean blossom.
- Serve and enjoy.
Recipe: Daniel Galmiche
Say yes to the cress