(For 4 portions)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 2 cloves of garlic 2 shallots
- 400 g peas (may be frozen)
- Sea Fennel
- 2 branches of lemon balm
- smoked sea salt - Verstegen
- black pepper from the Verstegen mill Some olive oil Iluigi
- tablespoon of flour
- Peel the sweet potato, cut into 4 and cook in water with sea salt.
- Peel the shallots and cut them finely into rings and make sure they are dry by drying them with kitchen paper.
- Heat the fryer at 140°C.
- Mix some flour into the shallot and fruit until crispy and lightly colored.
- Place it on kitchen paper, shake it a little so that most of the fat is absorbed. Sprinkle a small pinch of smoked sea salt over it.
- Peel the onion and garlic and chop finely. Wash leeks and chop finely.
- Stew these in some olive oil.
- Moisten with water and season with smoked sea salt and black pepper.
- Now add the peas and some finely chopped lemon balm leaves and cook gently for 5 minutes before mixing.
To finish off:
- Spoon the soup hot or cold into the bowls, place some pieces of sweet potato and fried shallot over the soup and finish with some sprigs of Sea Fennel.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Plate: Wild Grey Plate
Say yes to the cress