Ingredients (4 portions)
- Cos lettuce / bay gem 4 pieces
- Sakura Cress 2 punnet
- Parmesan Cheese 50 g
- Anchovies 12 fillets
- Seeded brown bread 2 slices
- Caesar salad dressing 250ml
- Oil for frying
- Cut the bread into small croutons and shallow fry in the oil, drain and let rest on a piece of tissue paper (to absorb the excess of oil)
- Make some shavings out of the Parmesan block with a peeler, reserve.
- Wash the Cos lettuce (or baby gem or romaine salad), cut roughly and put in to a bowl.
- To the bowl, add the freshly cut sakura cress and the Caesar dressing fold and mix gently.
- Dispose the salad in the middle of each plate, add the Parmesan shavings and the croutons on top and enjoy.
Ingredients for the Caesar Dressing (4 portions)
- Olive oil 150ml
- Grated parmesan 40g
- Egg yolk 1 piece
- Garlic Cloves 1 medium
- Dijon mustard 1 tsp
- Anchovy fillets 10 pieces
- Lemon juice ¼ of one piece
- Blitz all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender, reserve in fridge until use.
Say yes to the cress