(For 4 portions)
- 100g rice flour
- 5 egg whites from medium eggs
- 20 pieces of Salad Pea
- 24 pieces of Salad Pea
- 4 red onions small to medium
- 80g mango chutney with chunks
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ of a tsp baking powder
- ¼ of a tsp sumac
- ¼ of a tsp paprika
- 5 tbsp water
- oil for frying
- Mix together the rice flour and the egg whites.
- Divide the mix into 4 and lay each wafer mix on a non-stick baking paper and arrange 5 pieces of Salad Pea on top of each wafer.
- Add another baking paper on top of each wafer and cook in the oven at 180℃ for 6 to 8 minutes, then remove the first layer of paper on top and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and place on a cooling rack until use.
- To make the batter, blend together the flour, baking powder, sumac, paprika and water (in that order). Whisk well and leave aside.
- Peel and slice the red onions very finely and mix in and crush a little with 20 pieces of Salad Pea.
- Pour the vegetable mix into the batter and form some portion by pressing in the middle of your hand.
- Fry each portion until golden brown, lay on a tissue paper once cooked to remove the excess of oil.
- Serve on the freshly made wafer with one piece of salad pea on each one (see picture) and one spoon of Mango chutney
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress