(For 4 portions)
- 2 punnets Sakura Cress
- 800g blanched cauliflower fleurettes
- 80g butter
- 70g plain flour
- 750ml soy milk
- 140g grated mature cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp hot curry powder
- ½ tsp ground tumeric
- 2 pinches table salt
- 1 pinch white ground pepper
- In a small bowl, dilute and blend all the spices in 2 tbsp of soy milk.
- Bring to simmer the rest of the soy milk.
- Using a saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour all in once to make a roux.
- Add in the hot milk and the spices and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Add the grated cheese and cook for another minute or two.
- Chop 1 punnet of Sakura Cress and fold gently into the spicy sauce.
- Add the cauliflower to the mix and fold gently.
- Divide the cauliflower into 4 casseroles and place those under the grill until they get a nice coloration.
- Serve hot with the rest of the Sakura Cress.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress