Ingredients for 12 canapés
- Pickled cucumber 24 batons
- Sweet potato 1 medium
- White onions ½ each
- Sweet Peeper 12 stems
- Salt 1 pinch
One quarter of a cucumber, salt, vinegar, sugar, fresh root ginger and stem ginger in syrup.
Method for the canapés
- Slice the white onions very finely in order to make some rings.
- Peel 12 regular strip out of the sweet potato and make a puree with the rest of it blanch the strip of sweet potato in salty boiling water for a few second and refresh in cold water.
- Place the cooked strip on a tissue paper to remove the excess of water.
- Once dry, lay the strip of sweet potatoes on a cling film.
- At the beginning of each strip, place 2 batons of Pickled cucumber, one ring of raw white onions, a small spoon of cold sweet potato puree, one stem cut into 3 of sweet peeper and season with a bit of salt.
- Wrap the strip of the sweet potato around the fillings and serve the roll on a spoon with a dried sweet potato crisp and one leaf of sweet Peeper.
- Cut cucumber into batons and put into a large bowl, sprinkle with salt and mix well. Leave the cucumber for 10 minutes to absorb the salt then rinse with cold water. Drain off excess liquid in a colander. Return cucumber to the large bowl.
- Grate the fresh root ginger. Cut the stem ginger into thin slices.
- Combine sugar, vinegar and the two types of ginger together. Add to cucumber slices and mix well.
- Decant into a plastic container. Refrigerate overnight or for a few hours before serving.
Say yes to the cress