(For 4 portions)
- 1 to 2 red onions
- 2 apricots
- Fresh basil
- 1 lemon
- 40 gr Oud Brugge cheese
- Fresh tube pasta
- Pastaman 40 gr almonds (without peel)
- 1 small broccoli
- El Flamenco olive oil
- Black pepper from the mill
- Coarse sea salt
- Jasmine Blossom
- Cut some raw broccoli crumble and keep until later. Thread other broccoli in salted water.
- Then remove the broccoli, cool under cold running water and store the cooking juices.
- Now mix broccoli with a handful of basil, grated cheese,
- almond, olive oil, cooking liquid broccoli, sea salt and black pepper into a delicious liquid pesto.
- Cook pasta in water with salt according to the indicated cooking time.
- Drain and mix with the pesto and some lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Seed apricots and cut into cubes.
- Peel the red onion, cut the darts and place in a stainless steel dish. Then place them on a wooden plank and burn the onion with a Bunsen burner until they are lightly coloured everywhere.
- By doing this, we cook them as well.
- Now place a spoonful of creamy olive ice cream on each plate. Place some small lemon verbena leaves on top of the preparation. Finish with a few more drops of olive oil and freshly grated lemon zest.
To finish off:
- Divide the hot pasta over the plates. Divide the apricot, the roasted onion and the broccoli crumble over the pasta.
- Finish with some Jasmine Blossom.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 20 minuten
Techniques: sauce, roast, raw
Plate: Wild Moon wild white bowl
Recommended drink: White wine, Auxerrois - Valke Vleug wine estate, Scheldeland - Belgium
Say yes to the cress