Algae Powder, Umami
The typical green colour and the texture in the mouth make Algae Powder a unique asset in the kitchen.
- Africa, Asia, Australia, Central Europe, North America, North Europe, South America, South Europe
- Taste / Aroma
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Coquille St Jacques, Herring, Lobster, Mushroom, Mussel, Oyster, Pumpkin
- 12-16 °C, Dry
Flavour and use
Algae Powder is particularly well-suited to the purpose of adding colour and flavour to a variety of dishes. Depending on the main ingredient, they add a subtle salty fish flavour or, in combination with white chocolate, a sweet note. The typical green colour and the texture in the mouth make Algae Powder a unique asset in the kitchen.
These algae are a very powerful source of chlorophyll and contain high concentrations (>60%) of protein, vitamins, trace elements and Omega 3 fatty acids. Algae can form an important and sustainable substitute for animal proteins. It is also claimed that algae help to cleanse the body, provide extra energy and boost the immune system.
Rob’s Hidden Treasures
“30 years' travel experience and my passion for cooking brought me into contact with ingredients and eating habits of people all over the world. These experiences have taught me what is delicious, special and healthy. 'Rob’s Hidden Treasures' is my personal selection of products that I see as an asset in the professional kitchen.” Rob Baan
1 of 5
1 of 5
1 of 5
1 of 5
- Bitter, Sweet, Salty, Umami
- Arabic, Asian, Australian, Baltic, Chilean, Chinese, Creolic, Nederlands, French, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Nordic, North American, Peruvian, Portugese, Russian, Spanish
- Baking, Blitzing / Mashing, Breading, Covering, Decoration, Garnish, Gel, Marinating, Pasta / Dough, Pickling, Smoke, Sous vide, Steaming, Stir frying, Syrup
- Breakfast, Cheese, Cocktail, Crustaceans, Dessert, Fish, Functional, Game, Lunch, Main course, Pasta, Pastry, Pizza, Snack, Soup, Starter, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Gin, Vodka, Cheese (others), Chocolate, Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Kalamansi, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Orange, Passion fruit, Peas, Pineapple, Granatapfel, Pumpkin, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Fennel, Mint, Sage, Anise, Ants, Insects (others), Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porcini mushrooms, Shiitake mushroom, Truffle, Mushrooms (others), Pistachio, Duck, Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Salt, Vanilla, Chili, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Cauliflower, Chicory, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Kale, Onion, Couscous, Liquorice, Ponzu, Pumpkin seeds, Rice, Seaweed, Soy sauce, Sugar, Tofu, Yuzu