(For 4 portions)
- 1 punnet Scarlet Cress
- 4 clementines
- 2 thick slices of panettone
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 750ml water
- 350g sugar
- icing sugar for dusting
- Wash the clementines to remove the external wax and make some cuts on top of each one ¾ deep in order to see 8 perfect wedges from the top of each fruit.
- Whisk the sugar in the water with the vanilla essence.
- Place the clementines at the bottom of the slow cooker and cover with the liquid.
- Place the lid on top of the cooker and cook on slow mode for 6 hours.
- Once soft and confit, leave the fruits to cool down by themselves in the syrup and leave overnight.
- Cut each slice of panettone into two and cut out a circle in each piece with a round cutter.
- Place the round circle of panettone at the bottom of each plate, pour the cooking juice around it and place the clementine on top.
- Add the Scarlet Cress, dust with the icing sugar and serve.
PS: As an alternative to the slow cooker, you can cook “sous vide" through immersion.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress