Majii® Leaves, juicy fresh leaf with strong flavour adopting capacity
The natural capacity of storing moisture allows a chef to ‘upload’ various flavours to the Majii Leaf.
- Taste / Aroma
- juicy fresh leaf with strong flavour adopting capacity
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Fathers Day, Herring, Mothersday, Valentine's Day
- Cold, 2-7 °C
Majii® Leaves is the Koppert Cress brand name for an edible leaf.
Combine Majii Leaves with langoustine and green grapes, or with sour ingredients such as rhubarb. For the best taste combination, balance the Majii Leaves with sweet ingredients.
Majii Leaves are the drop-shaped leaves of a special succulent, originating from Africa. The leaves are a natural water storage for dry periods. This explains the name: Majii, ‘water ‘ in Swahilii.
Majii Leaves are available year round and can easily be stored for up to nine days at a temperature of 2-7°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Majii Leaves meet the hygienic kitchen standards. The products only need rinsing, since they are grown clean and hygienically.
1 of 5
1 of 5
- Bitter, Sour
- African, Baltic, Nederlands, French, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Nordic
- Blanching, Chopping, Covering, Injection, Marinating, Pickling, Skinning, Smoke, Sous vide, Steaming
- Blue, Green
- Alcohol, Cheese, Cocktail, Dessert, Fish, Fruit, Infusion, Pastry, Snack, Starter, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Gin, Rum, Vodka, Cheese (others), Chocolate, Coffee, Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Apricot, Banana, Berries, Blueberry, Cherry, Citrus, Coconut, Corn, Cucumber, Figs, Grapefruit, Grapes, Kalamansi, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Mango, Orange, Passion fruit, Peach, Pear, Peas, Pineapple, Plum, Granatapfel, Raspberry, Red fruit, Strawberry, Watermelon, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Dill, Fennel, Mint, Parsely, Tarragon, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Kalkoen, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Black pepper, Cinnamon, Cumin, Mustard, Salt, Vanilla, Chili, Artichokes, Asparagus, Beetroot, Carrot, Ginger, Rhubarb, Olive oil, Ponzu, Soy sauce, Sugar, Yuzu