Rock Chives®, mild garlic
Rock Chives is characterised by the little black dot at the top. This is the seed pod. The pod gives the product a bit of a playful character.
- Taste / Aroma
- mild garlic
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Asparagus, BBQ, Coquille St Jacques, Easter, Fathers Day, Game, Halloween, Mushroom, Mussel, Pumpkin
- Cold, 2-7 °C
Rock Chives® is the Koppert Cress brand name for an edible plant. Rock Chives is characterised by the little black dot at the top. This is the seed pod. The pod gives the product a bit of a playful character. Rock Chives has a delightful garlic taste which works well in herb butter, oil, or tzatziki.
It also tastes good in vegetable dishes and with fish or meat. An interesting detail is that the seed pod gets crispy when it is heated.
Rock Chives is a chives type from the mountain regions of East Asia. Especially in China it is used in various dishes for its fine taste. The Allium family is huge and varies from Lillys to Shallots. Rock Chives belongs to the group of seeded varieties. It has a mild garlic flavour, not present in any other Chives.
Rock Chives is available year round and can easily be stored for up to seven days at a temperature of 2-7°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Rock Chives meets the hygienic kitchen standards.
The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically.
2 of 5
2 of 5
1 of 5
2 of 5
3 of 5
- Sweet, Salty, Sour, Bitter, Umami
- African, Alpine, Arabic, Argentinian, Asian, Australian, Balkan, Baltic, Chilean, Chinese, Creolic, Nederlands, English, French, German, Greek, Indian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mediteranean, Mexican, Nordic, North American, Persian, Peruvian, Polish, Portugese, Russian, South American, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Oriental
- Solitair (16 st), CressSingle, CressSleeve
- Baking, Blanching, Breading, Canning, Chopping, Extracting, Fermenting, Freezing, Gel, Marinating, Oil, Pickling, Smoke, Sous vide, Stir frying
- Black, Green
- Breakfast, Cheese, Fish, Functional, Game, Grill, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Pizza, Poultry, Salad, Sandwich, Snack, Soup, Starter, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Mozzarella, Cheese (others), Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Lemon, Olives, Pumpkin, Tomato, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Basil, Dill, Mint, Parsely, Tarragon, Beans, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Mushrooms (others), Pistachio, Walnut, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Turkey, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Salt, Vanilla, Chili, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Beetroot, Celery, Broccoli, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chicory, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Kale, Kidney beans, Lettuce, Onion, Potato, Radish, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Bread, Couscous, Liqorice, Olive oil, Pumpkin seeds, Rice, Seaweed, Soy sauce, Tofu
- Vitamin A, Folic Acid / Vitamin B9, Copper, Manganese, Molybdenum, Thiamine / Vitamin B1, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Calcium, Vitamine B12