Vene Cress, slightly acidic
Vene Cress is a highly decorative product with an unexpected flavour.
- Asia, Central Europe, North Europe, South Europe
- Taste / Aroma
- slightly acidic
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Asparagus, BBQ, Christmas, Coquille St Jacques, Easter, Fathers Day, Game, Halloween, Herring, Lobster, Mothersday, Mushroom, Mussel, Oyster, Pumpkin, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Truffle, Valentine's Day
- Cold, 2-7 °C
Vene Cress is a highly decorative product with an unexpected flavour. The small green leaves with delicate red veins complement the attractive garnish of your dish.
The slightly acidic flavour offers plenty of possible ways of using this variety of cress. Vene Cress is a particularly appealing ingredient in fatty dishes such as oily fish (like mackerel), sweetbread, or liver, as well as in a green salad.
Vene Cress is the young seedling of a herb native to many parts of the world, from Europe to large parts of Asia. It is rich in ascorbic acid and has been used in cooking for centuries. Its history extends back to Roman times, when this variant of sorrel was eaten to prevent scurvy. The Romans also used the herb to make their rich, fatty foods easier to digest.
Vene Cress is available year round and can easily be stored for up to seven days. The storage temperature for this product is between 2°and 7° C. The optimum temperature for maintaining the best quality is between 2° and 4° C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Vene Cress meets the hygienic kitchen standards.
The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically.
1 of 5
1 of 5
3 of 5
2 of 5
2 of 5
- Sweet, Salty, Sour, Bitter, Umami
- African, Alpine, Arabic, Argentinian, Asian, Australian, Balkan, Baltic, Chilean, Chinese, Creolic, Nederlands, French, Greek, Indian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mediteranean, Mexican, Nordic, North American, Persian, Peruvian, Portugese, Russian, South American, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Oriental
- Solitair (16 st), CressSingle, CressSleeve
- Decoration, Garnish
- Green, Red
- Breakfast, Cheese, Cocktail, Crustaceans, Dessert, Fish, Fruit, Game, Grill, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Pastry, Poultry, Salad, Snack, Starter, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Gin, Vodka, Cheese (others), Chocolate, Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Apricot, Banana, Cherry, Citrus, Coconut, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Mango, Olives, Peas, Pineapple, Plum, Granatapfel, Pumpkin, Raspberry, Red fruit, Strawberry, Tomato, Watermelon, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Beans, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Shiitake mushroom, Truffle, Mushrooms (others), Almonds, Hazelnut, Pistachio, Walnut, Nuts, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Kalkoen, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Beetroot, Celery, Broccoli, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chicory, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Kale, Kidney beans, Lettuce, Onion, Potato, Radish, Rhubarb, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Couscous, Egg, Rice, Tofu
- Vitamin A, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Vitamin K, Potassium