(For 4 portions)
- 2 bones of small spring macaws
- 1 small bowl of currants
- strong dash of red Tempranillo wine
- cup of Mustard Cress
- Gomasio mix - Verstegen
- olive oil from Iluigi
- black pepper mill - Verstegen
- coarse sea salt mill - Verstegen
- Cut off the greenery from each turnip to about 3 cm above the turnip.
- Next, peel 10 turnips and cut in half so that each piece also has some green.
- Take a stew, add a dash of olive oil and place the turnips next to each other.
- Moisten with some water and season with sea salt. Stew under a lid until water has completely evaporated.
- Now season with some gomasio and then fry lightly on both sides until they brown nicely.
- Take 4 more turnips and peel them.
- Cut into pieces. Take a stew with a dash of olive oil, half of the redcurrants and moisten with red wine until submerged. Season with some sea salt and black pepper. Cook gently under the lid.
- At cooking time, mix everything with a blender to a smooth sauce. (possibly add extra wine)
To finish off:
- Place the hot sauce in the center of each plate, divide 5 half turnips each time and finish with a few drops of olive oil, some redcurrants and the cress.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Techniques: veggies, fruit
Plate: Wild Sage Bowl
Say yes to the cress