Make 4 portions
- Potato Crisps 80 g
- Dark chocolate 100g
- Clementine puree 100g
- Unsalted butter 45 g
- Double cream 300ml
- Caster sugar 2 tsp.
- Egg whites 2 each
- Gelatin leaves 2 each
- Shiso Green
- Melt the chocolate on a stove in a Bain Marie and dip the potato chips into it. Let the chips cool down on baking paper.
- Soak the gelatine leaf in cold water to softened and heat up the double cream in a saucepan.
- Press the gelatine using your hand to remove the excess of water and mix into the hot double cream, leave to cool down for 20 minutes.
- Bring to simmer the clementine puree with the butter and let cool down aside for a few minutes.
- Whip the egg white to soft pick and then fold into the slightly cooled but not set double cream mixture and clementine puree.
- Pour the Clementine mousse in a mould and let set in the fridge.
- Once cold and set, slice the mousse and make the dessert by alternate the chocolate crisp and the slices of mousse.
- Serve with a orange or clementine coulis and garnish with fresh Shiso Green.
Franck's Advice: This recipe is made using a 75% dark chocolate. You can also using a coulis instead of a puree for the mousse.
Source: Franck Pontais - http://www.franckpontais.com/
Say yes to the cress