For 4 portions
- 2 punnets Rock Chives
- 2 punnets Sakura Cress
- 8 medium slices of bread
- 8 slices of ham
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50gr butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 300ml hot milk
- 150gr grated Gruyère cheese
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- table salt
- white ground pepper
- crack black pepper
- Bring the milk slowly to a simmer in a pan.
- Meanwhile, make a roux with the flour and butter.
- Add the hot milk on top and stir constantly to make the sauce then add 100gr of grated Gruyère cheese, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg.
- Lay the 8 slices of bread on the table and spread a generous amount of sauce on each.
- Lay 2 slices of ham on top of the 4 slices and close the sandwich with the other slices of bread.
- Equally divide the remaining sauce on top of each sandwich and spread to cover.
- Add the remaining grated Gruyère on top of each one.
- Place the “croque“ to cook in an oven at 220°C for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the “croques” are cooked, fry the eggs with the olive oil and place one on top of each sandwich.
- Serve with Rock Chives, Sakura Cress, and a pinch of crack black pepper.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress