(For 4 persons)
- 2 shallots
- 16 wild asparagus
- 1 jar of red veined sorrel
- handful of goji berries
- 4 slices of pumpernickel bread
- 4 herrings
- White wine vinegar
- black pepper from the mill and sea salt
- Peel and cut into fine slices.
- Put them in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add a large splash of white wine vinegar and mix.
- Let this marinate for 15 minutes.
- Bring salted water to the boil and briefly blanch the wild asparagus.
- Cool under cold water. Drain.
- Cut into darts.
- Divide the herring over the plates, finish with the wild asparagus, the sour shallot rings, the goji berries and a few leaves of blood sorrel.
- Serve with the darts of pumpernickel bread.
TIP! Wild asparagus is only in season shortly. Replace them with fine green beans.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Say yes to the cress