Pumpkin blinis with fresh cheese Moai Caviar
(For 4 portions)
- 1 small straight tube pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons of fresh cheese
- 150gr spelt flour
- 250ml of whole milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Iluigi olive oil
- 2 shallots
- Jar of Moai Caviar - Koppert Cress
- Black pepper - Verstegen
- Coarse sea salt - Verstegen
- Peel and pit the pumpkin.
- Cut the pulp into blocks.
- Cook in water with 1 sliced shallot.
- When done, mix the pumpkin and shallot with a splash of cooking water and a dash of olive oil to a salve. Season well with some sea salt and black pepper.
- Make a blinis dough with some pumpkin salve.
- Take 200 g of pumpkin salve.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add milk, flour and baking powder. Now mix with pumpkin and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the pan with some olive oil.
- Add batter with a tablespoon and fry small blinis, turn so that they are nicely baked on both sides. Finish batter and keep blinis warm.
- Finely chop shallot.
To finish off:
- Place a wipe of warm of pumpkin salve on each warm plate. Top each time with 2 warm blinis.
- Spoon a spoonful of fresh cheese onto each blini.
- Season with black pepper and place a few moai caviar strands on each blini.
- Now sprinkle some shallot chips and serve.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Plate: Wild Grey Flat