For the burgers:
- 150g cooked red quinoa
- 1 cup of Mustard Cress
- 150g feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 finely chopped medium shallots
- 30g butter
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 small egg
- 1 pinch of pepper and salt
For the vegetable and yoghurt dip:
- 1 medium red onions
- 1 medium zucchini
- 100g plain yoghurt
- 4 tsp bean curd oil
- 1 teaspoon of Yka Leaves powder
- 8 pieces of Yka Leaves
- ½ punnet Tahoon Cress
- ½ punnet Sakura Cress
For the patties:
- Cut the Mustard cress and add it to a mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and combine with the back of a tablespoon until the mix forms a hard paste.
- Mold and press to shape the patties.
- Add the butter and oil into a frying pan and cook the patties on medium heat, around 2 minutes on each side.
Ingredients for the vegetable and yoghurt dip:
- Peel and poach the red onions in water until fully cook, cut into pieces.
- Cut the courgette into wedges, season well and roast in the oven.
- Mix together the plain yoghurt with the dried Yka leaves.
- Dress the plate with the patties and add the red onions pieces, roasted courgette, cresses, Yka leaves and a drizzle of Tahoon oil.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress