(For 4 portions)
- 140g cooked salmon
- 160g cooked pinto beans
- 100g pickled granny smith apple
- 1 punnet Sakura Cress
- 1 punnet Sechuan Cress
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- juice of ½ a lemon
For the pickled granny smith apples:
- 2 Granny Smiths apples
For the brine:
- 300ml cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp table salt
- 1 anis star
- Drain and rinse the pinto beans under clear water.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sesame oil and the lemon juice.
- Arrange the salad using the pickled apples and the freshly cut cresses.
- Drizzle the dressing on top and serve.
For the pickled granny smith apples and brine:
- Bring the brine to boil for 1 minute, whisk and make sure that the sugar and salt are well dissolved. Take off the heat and let cool down for a minute or two.
- Pour over the sliced apples (ideally using a jar), close and let infuse for two hours.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress