(For 1 portion)
- 250ml fish stock
- 3 fresh scallops
- pinch of salt
- 50g blackberries
- a dash of cider vinega
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- season to taste
- Shiso Purple
- Pour the stock and add the fresh scallops to the saucepan. Start from cold and bring to simmer.
- Turn off the heat and leave to cook. Cover for another 5 minutes.
King Edwards’s potato in beetroot Jus:
- Peel and reserve the potato for few hours in beetroot water.
- Reserve half the beetroot juice and cook the potato whole in the other half of the beetroot water.
- Once it is cooked, take it out of the hot beetroot water and place directly in the reserved cold beetroot water and reserve in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place blackberries, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Blitz with a hand mixer while slowly pouring olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Season to taste and pass through a chinois.
- Finish with Shiso Purple.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress