(For 4 to 6 portions)
For the chocolate mousse:
- 140ml Aquafaba / liquid of 1 can of chickpeas
- 110 g vegan white chocolate
- 2 grated Sechuan Buttons
- 1 punnet Motti Cress
- 8 pcs Anise Blossom
- 2 Sechuan buttons
For the Sechuan sugar and parsnip crisp:
- 1 parsnip
- 250g sugar
- ½ punnet Sechuan Buttons
- Melt the chocolate gently au Bain Marie, once melted let cool down.
- Meanwhile, pour the liquid from one can of chickpea in a mixer bowl and whisk for around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Fold the melted white chocolate with the Aquafaba and pour the mixture into a glass or a ramekin bowl, let set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Grate the Sechuan button and sprinkle on top of the mousse, add the motti cress and serve with apricot jam, a chocolate shard and a parsnip crisp.
To make the parsnip crips / Sechuan sugar:
- Using a peeler, peel the parsnip and blanch a few second in boiling water, refresh straight away and place the strip on tissue paper to absorb the excess water. Sprinkle each strip with some Sechuan sugar and leave to dry out in a dehydrator machine for at least 1 hour.
- To make the Sechuan sugar, simply mix together ½ punnet of Sechuan buttons with 250 g of sugar.
To make the white chocolate shard:
- Simply spread some melted chocolate on a non-stick parchment paper, add a few pinches of cumin seeds and let set. Cut to size and serve.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress