(For 4 portions)
- 2 stew apples
- 4 ripe beef tomatoes
- Little mace powder - Verstegen
- cup of Floregano - Koppert Cress
- strong dash of Iluigi olive oil
- coarse sea salt - Verstegen
- truffle dust - Tartivo truffles
- 4 slices of wholemeal bread
- Peel the apples and remove the core.
- Cut into pieces.
- Wash tomatoes and remove the crown.
- Make a cross cut at the top of the tomatoes.
- Bring enough water to the boil and immerse the tomatoes in it for 20 sec. Then take them out and then immediately cool in cold water and then peel.
- Now cut the tomatoes in four and remove the seeds. Put these in a mixer.
- The pulp can be roughly cut.
- You can mix the seeds into a gravy and then add them to the tomatoes through a sieve.
- Let the apples and tomatoes stew on a low heat under the lid to become marmalade. This can take up to 30 minutes.
- Cut toasts with a bread knife 1.5 to 2 cm thick.
- Grill these on the (Berghoff) BBQ until they are nicely colored on both sides.
- Then spoon the marmalade onto the toast.
- This can be served hot or cold.
To finish off:
- Place 2 toasts per plate and finish with some truffle dust and the Floregano flowers.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Plate: Wild Grey Plate
Say yes to the cress