Ingredients for 1500 milliliters
- 1 l water
- 40 g kombu
- 65 g katsuobushi
- 2 kg razor clams
- 100 g shallot
- 6 pieces lemongrass
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 g parsley stems
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 200 g white wine
- 2 pods Planifolia Black Vanilla
- 200 g milk
- 600 g whipping cream
- 4 g soy lecithin
- as needed lemon juice
- as needed salt and pepper
- Vacuum seal the water with the kombu and katsuobushi and leave to infuse into dashi for at least 12 hours.
- Heat a pan and add the razor clams, along with the dashi.
- Drain the razor clams when they are cooked just right, reserve the stock.
- Cool the cockles back on ice water and use for another preparation.
- Sweat the onion, lemongrass, garlic, and parsley stalks with the sunflower oil.
- Deglaze with the white wine and reduce by half.
- Now add the cockle dashi broth and seeds of Planifolia Black Vanilla, boil gently until reduced by half.
- Add the milk and cream and leave to infuse for 20 minutes.
- Strain the sauce base and season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add the soy lecithin and use a stick blender to mix well.
- Foam the sauce à la minute with a stick blender for a foamy result.
- Do not heat the sauce above 80°C as the lecithin will lose its effect.
Say yes to the cress