Ingredients for 10 people
Ingredients venison wellington
- 1 kg deer tenderloin
- 750 grams chestnut mushrooms
- 10 leeks, blanched
- 375 grams spinach
- 250 grams of puff pastry
- 2,5 egg
Ingredients steamed onions
- 500 grams baby onions, mixed
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 piece of bay leaf
- 40 ml olive oil
Ingredients game gravy with beet
- 3 grams of mustard seeds
- 1,25 juniper berries
- 0,6 star anise
- 1,25 cloves
- 6,25 black peppercorns, crushed
- 62,5 grams onion, chopped
- 1,25 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 19 g olive oil
- 62.5 ml. port
- 125 ml. beet juice
- 125 grams veal demi glace
- 500 g game broth, home-made without added salt
- pepper as required
Ingredients bay leaf oil
- 10 grams of bay leaf
- 17 grams parsley, blanched
- 100 grams of sunflower oil
Ingredients salsa of shallot, pecans and black garlic
- 120 grams shallot, cut into fine brunoise
- 40 grams white wine vinegar, Tromp & Rueb
- 40 grams of sugar
- 80 grams of white wine
- 24 grams of black garlic
- 60 grams of pecans
- 56 grams of extra virgin olive oil
- Vene Cress
- Affilla Cress
Method deer wellington
- Clean the venison tenderloin and roll up tightly in cling film, refrigerate overnight.
- Fry the tenderloin briefly until golden brown all around.
- Finely crush the chestnut mushrooms in a food processor.
- Brown the mushroom mixture in the pan and season with thyme and pepper.
- When all the moisture has evaporated from the mushrooms remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Steam the leeks for 8 minutes at 100°C and cool back on ice water.
- Separate all the layers.
- Place the layers of leeks on a piece of plastic wrap.
- Spread the mushroom mixture evenly over the leeks.
- Place the beef tenderloin on top of the mushroom mixture and roll up tightly.
- Roll out the puff pastry and wrap the rolled-in beef tenderloin in the puff pastry.
- Beat an egg with a little water and brush the puff pastry all around twice.
- Bake the Wellington golden brown in the oven at 200°C for about 15-20 min.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes and slice.
Method for steamed onions
- Clean the onions and cut in half lengthwise.
- Pull the onions vacuum with the pepper, bay leaf and olive oil.
- Steam the onions for 10 minutes at 100°C in the steamer.
- Cool back on ice water.
- Separate the slats and serve at room temperature.
Method of red beet gravy
- Toast the spices in a dry pan over medium-high heat until a creamy.
- Now add the onion, garlic and butter and sauté gently.
- Deglaze with the port and allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Cook until reduced by half.
- Then add the veal demi glace, blood orange coulis and game stock and very gently reduce to half.
- Sieve the gravy and reduce further to gravy thickness.
- If necessary, thicken with a clear binder and season with pepper.
Method bay leaf oil
- Place all ingredients in a thermoblender and spin at full speed for 7 minutes.
- Pour into a container and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, drain the oil on a fine sieve.
Method salsa of pecan & black garlic
- Put the shallot, white wine vinegar , sugar and white wine together in a saucepan over low heat and reduce gently all the way to a slightly sticky texture.
- Finely chop the black garlic cloves.
- Roast the pecans for 10 minutes in the oven at 160°C, until golden brown.
- Finely chop the pecans by hand.
- Mix the shallot with the black garlic, sunflower seeds and olive oil.
Say yes to the cress