Sweet Peeper, Slightly bitter, sweet
Sweet Peeper takes dishes to the next level thanks to its high creative value and good bite in combination with the long-lasting, simple, dry, and bittersweet taste.
- South America
- Taste / Aroma
- Slightly bitter, sweet
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, BBQ, Christmas, Fathers Day, Game, Halloween, Mushroom, Pumpkin, Rhubarb
- Warm, 12-16 °C
Sweet Peeper goes perfectly with both hot and cold dishes such as soups and salads. It takes dishes to the next level thanks to its high creative value and good bite in combination with the long-lasting, simple, dry, and bittersweet taste. The yellow leaves and pink/red shoots add an extra dimension to the dish while giving a nod to its origin: the sweet potato.
In addition to the leaf, you can also use the pickled shoots as a fine addition to salads and sandwiches.
The sweet potato was originally discovered in Mexico, though in contrast to what the name would suggest, it is not related to the potato. Instead of starch, the sweet potato contains inulin which takes longer to digest. This makes it healthier for diabetes patients. We carefully select and package the sweet potato’s shoots, which are normally used for multiplication.
Sweet Peeper is available year-round and can be kept at a temperature of between 2-7°C, in the dark, for up to seven days. Produced according to socially responsible cultivation methods, Sweet Peeper satisfies hygiene standards in the kitchen. You can use this product directly, as it is cultivated cleanly and hygienically.
1 of 5
1 of 5
- Sweet, Bitter
- African, Alpine, Argentinian, Baltic, Creolic, Dutch, French, Italian, Japanese, Mexican, Nordic, North American, Peruvian, Portugese, Russian, South American
- Baking, Blanching, Blending, Blitzing / Mashing, Breading, Canning, Chopping, Confiture, Decoration, Deep frying, Drying, Fermenting, Garnish, Gel, Macerate, Pickling, Smoke, Sous vide, Steaming, Stir frying, Syrup
- Pink, Yellow
- Alcohol, Cheese, Cocktail, Dessert, Fish, Fruit, Functional, Game, Grill, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Pastry, Poultry, Salad, Sandwich, Snack, Soup, Starter, Sushi, Tea, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Gin, Vodka, Cheese (others), Chocolate, Eel, Apple, Banana, Berries, Blueberry, Coconut, Corn, Olives, Peas, Pineapple, Pumpkin, Strawberry, Deer, Game (other), Mint, Insects (others), Beans, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Shiitake mushroom, Mushrooms (others), Almonds, Hazelnut, Pistachio, Walnut, Nuts, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Turkey, Poultry (other), Squid, Black pepper, Mustard, Chili, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Beetroot, Celery, Broccoli, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chicory, Kale, Kidney beans, Lettuce, Onion, Potato, Rhubarb, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Couscous, Egg, Liquorice, Olive oil, Pumpkin seeds, Rice, Soy sauce, Sugar, Tofu
- Azteken Food, Sweet Pepper