Asparagus & Shiso Purple, Enrich the white asparagus with Shiso Purple
Enrich the white asparagus with Shiso Purple. The clear cumin flavour and the fantastic deep purple color is a fantastic combination with white asparagus. Shiso Purple is very versatile, with a high decorative content.
- White asparagus
- cooked ham
- poached egg
- creme fraiche
- Shiso Purple
- Remove the bottom of the asparagus and peel them all around with a vegetable peeler from just below the top.
- Cook the asparagus in a large saucepan with boiling water and salt for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and leave the asparagus in the hot cooking liquid for another 10 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, place the foil-wrapped eggs in the hot asparagus liquid for 6 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon and place them on plates.
- Pour the butter over the asparagus, spread the cooked ham over it and serve the poached eggs.
- Finish it off with Shiso Purple.
Say yes to the cress