Adji Cress, black pepper
Adji Cress is the seedling of the “peppertree”
- Taste / Aroma
- black pepper
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Asparagus, BBQ, Christmas, Coquille St Jacques, Fathers Day, Game, Halloween, Mushroom, Mussel, Pumpkin, Strawberry, Valentine's Day
- Cold, 2-7 °C
Adji Cress is the seedling of the “peppertree”, which originates from Japan, where the leaves and berries of the mature plant are used in many dishes.
Adji Cress can be used as a pepper replacement with its pungent, spicy taste that combines well with many other ingredients. Use with crustaceans, fish, meats, poultry and the more voluminous vegetables.
Adji Cress originates from the Far East, in particular South Korea and China, In Japan it is a centuries-old delicacy as the leaves were eaten as salad with oily fish and used widely in herbal medicine for their apparent cooling and blood-clotting properties.
Adji Cress is available year round and can easily be stored for up to seven days. The storage temperature for this product is between 2°and 7° C. The optimum temperature for maintaining the best quality is between 2° and 4° C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Adji Cress meets the hygienic kitchen standards. The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically.
1 of 5
1 of 5
1 of 5
- Salty, Bitter, Umami
- African, Alpine, Arabic, Argentinian, Asian, Australian, Balkan, Baltic, Chilean, Chinese, Creolic, Nederlands, English, French, German, Greek, Indian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mediteranean, Mexican, Nordic, North American, Oriental, Persian, Peruvian, Polish, Portugese, Russian, South American, Spanish, Swiss, Thai, Turkish, Oriental
- 16 bakjes in een solitairdoos (30x40 cm), 12 bakjes CressSingles, Folie
- Baking, Blending, Blitzing / Mashing, Canning, Chopping, Confiture, Deep frying, Extracting, Fermenting, Macerate, Marinating, Pickling, Roasting, Smoke, Sous vide, Stir frying
- Cocktail, Coffee, Crustaceans, Dessert, Fish, Fruit, Functional, Game, Grill, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pizza, Poultry, Salad, Sandwich, Snack, Soup, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Gin, Vodka, Mozzarella, Cheese (others), Chocolate, Coffee, Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Citrus, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Mango, Olives, Peas, Pineapple, Pumpkin, Strawberry, Tomato, Watermelon, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Mint, Beans, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Mushrooms (others), Pistachio, Nuts, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Kalkoen, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Black pepper, Salt, Vanilla, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Carrot, Cauliflower, Kale, Kidney beans, Onion, Potato, Rhubarb, Bread, Couscous, Egg, Rice, Soy sauce, Tofu