Affilla Cress® is the Koppert Cress brand name for an edible plant. Affilla Cress is characterised by its highly unusual and decorative shape. Affilla Cress is related to the sugar pea, making it a good substitute for peas in recipes.
The product's sweet taste does well in combinations with bitter and tangy dishes. Affilla Cress can be used in hot or cold dishes, or in salads where its pea-like flavour really comes through.
The shoots of this plant are very popular in South East Asia. Chinese people call it ´HE LAN DO´ (pronounced: che-lando), which means ´HOLLANDS´! This name refers to the Dutch traders from the VOC (United East Indies Company) who, in the 17th century (the Dutch Golden Century) brought ideas to growers in the region.
Affilla Cress is available year round and can easily be stored for up to seven days at a temperature of 2-7°C. Affilla Cress is a vigorous grower. Outside the refrigerator it will grow at least 1 cm a day. Therefore check the humidity of the growing medium as it may dry out very quickly. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Affilla Cress meets the hygienic kitchen standards. The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically.
2 of 5
1 of 5
1 of 5
2 of 5
2 of 5
- Sweet, Salty, Sour, Bitter, Umami
- African, Alpine, Arabic, Argentinian, Asian, Australian, Balkan, Baltic, Chinese, Nederlands, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mediteranean, North American, Portugese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Solitair (16 st), CressSingle, CressSleeve
- Blanching, Breading, Deep frying, Steaming, Stir frying
- Game, Grill, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Poultry, Salad, Soup, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Prawns, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Olives, Peas, Pumpkin, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Chives, Fennel, Mint, Beans, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Mushrooms (others), Walnut, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Kalkoen, Poultry (other), Squid, Black pepper, Cumin, Mustard, Chili, Asparagus, Beetroot, Celery, Carrot, Cauliflower, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Kale, Kidney beans, Lettuce, Onion, Potato, Radish, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Bread, Couscous, Egg, Rice, Soy sauce, Tofu
- Biotin, Chrome, Copper, Niacin / Vitamin B3, Riboflavin / Vitamin B2, Selenium, Thiamine / Vitamin B1, Vitamin C, Calcium