Algae Powder Emerald, Umami – Chlorella Vulgaris
Algae Powder Emerald stands out with an intense, darky and earthy moss-green colour and its sweet corn-like flavour with slightly sour after notes
- Africa, Asia, Australia, Central Europe, North America, North Europe, South America, South Europe
- Taste / Aroma
- Spring, Autumn, Winter, Asparagus, Coquille St Jacques, Easter, Game, Lobster, Mushroom, Pumpkin, Truffle
- 12-16 °C, Dry
Algae Powder Emerald stands out with an intense, darky and earthy moss-green colour and its sweet corn-like flavour with slightly sour after notes.
Algae Powder Emerald is a source of Omega 3 & 6 and is suitable for a multitude of applications and combinations, from savory dishes to sweet desserts.
Origin, How it all began
Algae have been proven to exist for over 2 billion years on our globe, making It a vital asset of the earth's ecosystems. The Aztecs have the oldest registered encounter of algae consumption. Spanish conquistadors found the indigenous people fishing a blue-green slurry from the water, which they dried in the sun to be consumed for their powerful source of chlorophyll (leaf green) and contain a high content (> 60%) of proteins, vitamins, trace elements and Omega 3 fatty acids.
This algae powder is from the Chlorella genus and were first discovered in the canals of Delft, the Netherlands by M.W. Beijerink In 1889. There are over a hundred varieties of this algae, making it possible to select specific types of Chlorella for their aromatic and visual properties. Algae can become an important and sustainable replacement for animal protein. Algae are also said to help cleanse the body, provide extra energy and support the immune system.
Algae Powder Emerald is available all year round and can be stored for up to two years at a temperature of 12–16°C.
4 of 5
2 of 5
1 of 5
3 of 5
- Sweet, Salty, Bitter, Umami
- Alpine, Baltic, German, Japanese, Nordic, North American, Polish, Russian
- Can (180 g)
- Baking, Blending, Decoration, Marinating, Smoke, Sous vide
- Cheese, Crustaceans, Fish, Game, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Poultry, Snack, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Corn, Eggplant, Pineapple, Pumpkin, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Dill, Fennel, Tarragon, Ants, Insects (others), Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Truffle, Mushrooms (others), Hazelnut, Walnut, Nuts, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Scallop, Cumin, Salt, Vanilla, Avocado, Beetroot, Cauliflower, Onion, Butternut squash, Couscous, Egg, Pumpkin seeds, Rice, Seaweed
- Algen, essbare Algen, Chlorella, Algae