Kaffir Lime Leaves, lime, sweet citrus
The Kaffir Lime Leaves are glossy dark green on one side and light green on the other.
- Taste / Aroma
- lime, sweet citrus
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Christmas, Coquille St Jacques, Game, Mothersday, Mushroom, Oyster, Pumpkin, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Valentine's Day
- Cold, 2-7 °C
The Kaffir Lime Leaves are glossy dark green on one side and light green on the other. The leaves grow in pairs with one larger leaf and one smaller leaf.
The product is frequently used in Asian cuisine, for instance in soups, curries, or to add flavour to rice. The product also combines well with fish, lamb, pork, and chicken. It can also be used as an infusion for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
Kaffir Lime originates from areas in Southeast Asia such as Laos, Burma (Myanmar) and in the Netherlands it is virtually impossible to obtain the fresh leaves. The leaves have a citronella-like aroma, reputed to have calming and anti-inflammatory effects.
Kaffir Lime Leaves is available year round and can easily be stored for up to seven days at a temperature of 2-7°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Kaffir Lime Leaves meets the hygienic kitchen standards. The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically.
1 of 5
1 of 5
1 of 5
- Bitter, Sour, Umami
- African, Arabic, Asian, Australian, Chinese, French, Indian, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portugese, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Oriental
- Baking, Blanching, Blending, Blitzing / Mashing, Breading, Bruising, Canning, Chopping, Cold infusion, Confiture, Cutting out with shape, Drying, Extracting, Fermenting, Freezing, Gel, Hot infusion, Macerate, Marinating, Oil, Pickling, Smoke, Sous vide, Steaming, Syrup
- Alcohol, Cheese, Cocktail, Coffee, Crustaceans, Dessert, Fish, Fruit, Functional, Game, Grill, Infusion, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Pastry, Poultry, Soup, Starter, Sushi, Tea, Vegetarian, Vegetables, Water
- Taste Friends
- Gin, Rum, Vodka, Cheese (others), Chocolate, Coffee, Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Apricot, Banana, Berries, Blueberry, Cherry, Citrus, Coconut, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Figs, Grapefruit, Grapes, Kalamansi, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Mango, Olives, Orange, Passion fruit, Peach, Pear, Peas, Pineapple, Plum, Granatapfel, Pumpkin, Raspberry, Red fruit, Strawberry, Watermelon, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Fennel, Mint, Tarragon, Ants, Insects (others), Beef, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Mushrooms (others), Pistachio, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Kalkoen, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Chili, Asparagus, Beetroot, Cauliflower, Chicory, Ginger, Onion, Rhubarb, Sweet potato, Couscous, Liqorice, Olive oil, Ponzu, Pumpkin seeds, Rice, Soy sauce, Sugar, Tofu, Yuzu