Pickled apricot bruschetta with Roquefort cheese
(For 4 portions, 8 bruschetta)
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 4 Dushi Buttons
- 3 Floregano
- 50gr granulated sugar
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 200ml water
- 700gr fresh apricot
- 4 Floregano
- 8 Dushi Buttons
- 8 Anise Blossom
- 8 slices ciabatta bread
- olive oil
- 80gr Roquefort cheese
- Cut the apricots into wedges.
- Dissolve the sugar with the water and vinegar and pour into a thick saucepan.
- Add the Kaffir Lime Leaves, Dushi Buttons and Floregano to the liquid.
- Bring the pickling liquid to boil for 20 seconds and add the apricot wedges.
- Bring to boil for another 10 seconds, turn off the heat and place a plate on top of the pan.
- Let cool down for 15 minutes and transfer into a preserving jar.
- Let infuse for at least 24 hours before using the pickled apricot.
- Drizzle the ciabatta bread with the olive oil and toast the slices in a hot oven.
- Add 10gr or Roquefort cheese on one side of each bruschetta and put back in the oven for 30 seconds to slightly melt the cheese.
- Add 2 to 3 pieces of pickled apricot on the over half of the bruschetta and serve with the Floregano, Anise Blossom and Dushi Buttons.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress