Mustard Cress, horse radish, wasabi
Mustard Cress has a very pungent taste.
- North Europe
- Taste / Aroma
- horse radish, wasabi
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Asparagus, BBQ, Coquille St Jacques, Fathers Day, Game, Halloween, Herring, Lobster, Mushroom, Mussel, Pumpkin
- Cold, 2-7 °C
Mustard Cress has a very pungent taste. Most would call it 'pepper' or something similar.
Mustard Cress is a wonderful ingredient in salads and works well in combination with carpaccio or raw fish. The cress is also a spicy addition to a cold meat or fish dish. Mustard Cress is a good combination with Asian cuisine.
Mustard Cress is a real traditional Dutch product, and even the seeds are produced in Holland. In summertime fields are coloured by rapeseed and mustard production. Most mustard plants are used for green-fertilisation. However, both Koppert Cress B.V. and the mustard industry harvest the seeds for further processing.
Mustard Cress is available year round and can easily be stored for up to ten days at a temperature of 2-7°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Mustard Cress meets the hygienic kitchen standards. The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically. Mustard Cress is, as all the Koppert Cress cresses and specialties, produced according to the SQF 2000 guidelines.
Mustard is a known allergen. Mustard Cress is not true mustard, but it does contain the substance that causes an allergic reaction to mustard.
1 of 5
1 of 5
- Bitter, Umami
- African, Alpine, Argentinian, Asian, Australian, Balkan, Baltic, Chinese, Creolic, Nederlands, English, French, Greek, Indian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mediteranean, Nordic, North American, Polish, Russian, Turkish
- Solitair (16 st), CressSingle, CressSleeve
- Baking, Blanching, Blending, Canning, Chopping, Confiture, Gel, Marinating, Oil, Pickling, Smoke, Sous vide, Stir frying
- Green, Yellow
- Breakfast, Cheese, Crustaceans, Fish, Functional, Game, Grill, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Pizza, Poultry, Salad, Sandwich, Snack, Soup, Starter, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Cheese (others), Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Grapefruit, Olives, Pear, Peas, Pumpkin, Tomato, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Chives, Dill, Fennel, Sage, Tarragon, Beans, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Shiitake mushroom, Mushrooms (others), Pistachio, Walnut, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Kalkoen, Poultry (other), Scallop, Black pepper, Mustard, Salt, Vanilla, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Beetroot, Celery, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chicory, Garlic, Ginger, Kale, Kidney beans, Lettuce, Onion, Potato, Radish, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Bread, Couscous, Egg, Olive oil, Pumpkin seeds, Rice, Soy sauce, Tofu
- Vitamin A, Folic Acid / Vitamin B9, Manganese, Molybdenum, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Calcium