RucolaCress®, young spicy nut
It is amazing how much flavour there is in such a small leaf.
- Africa, Asia, South Europe
- Taste / Aroma
- young spicy nut
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Asparagus, BBQ, Coquille St Jacques, Easter, Game, Mushroom, Mussel, Oyster, Pumpkin, Strawberry, Truffle
- Cold, 2-7 °C
RucolaCress® is the Koppert Cress brand name for an edible plant. The RucolaCress delivered by Koppert Cress has an extremely strong taste. It is amazing how much flavour there is in such a small leaf. The taste reminds of nuts.
The extra fine leaves from the RucolaCress make it suitable for decorating items with a blunt taste, but it also works well in a salad and in a mashed potato. In case it is cooked, e.g. in a pasta sauce with some ham, cheese, cream and shallots. We recommend that if you use it in cooked dishes, you add it last. Rucola Cress makes a fantastic pasta sauce.
Rucola is one of those typical Mediterranean ingredients known from the Italian, Greek, Portuguese and Spanish kitchen. But don’t forget the Middle East, Egypt and the rest of Northern Africa. Today it is considered a global vegetable. The outspoken taste is very decisive for the dish. It can be cooked or eaten raw. In our case with the small size of the leaves, we recommend to use them raw.
RucolaCress is available year round and can easily be stored for up to seven days at a temperature of 2-7°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, RucolaCress meets the hygienic kitchen standards.
The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically. RucolaCress is, as all the Koppert Cress cresses and specialties, produced according to the SQF 2000 guidelines.
Rucola is not a known allergen, but it does contain the substance that causes an allergic reaction to mustard.
1 of 5
1 of 5
1 of 5
- Bitter, Sour, Umami
- Alpine, Arabic, Balkan, Baltic, Nederlands, French, Greek, Italian, Mediteranean, Persian, Peruvian, Spanish, Turkish, Oriental
- Baking, Canning, Extracting, Fermenting, Gel, Marinating, Oil, Pasta / Dough, Pickling, Smoke, Sous vide, Stir frying, Syrup
- Breakfast, Cheese, Crustaceans, Fish, Functional, Game, Grill, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Pizza, Poultry, Salad, Sandwich, Snack, Soup, Starter, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Mozzarella, Cheese (others), Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Apricot, Coconut, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Figs, Grapefruit, Kalamansi, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Mango, Olives, Orange, Peach, Pineapple, Granatapfel, Pumpkin, Strawberry, Tomato, Watermelon, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Basil, Chives, Dill, Fennel, Mint, Parsely, Sage, Ants, Insects (others), Beans, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Truffle, Mushrooms (others), Almonds, Hazelnut, Pistachio, Walnut, Nuts, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Kalkoen, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Black pepper, Mustard, Salt, Vanilla, Chili, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Beetroot, Celery, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chicory, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Kale, Kidney beans, Lettuce, Onion, Potato, Radish, Butternut squash, Bread, Couscous, Egg, Olive oil, Pumpkin seeds, Rice, Seaweed, Soy sauce, Tofu
- Vitamin A, Iron, Vitamin C