Sakura Cress®, black radish, radish
Sakura Cress has the flavour of radish, and its beautiful deep red colour makes it a great visual addition to a dish too.
- Taste / Aroma
- black radish, radish
- Autumn, Winter, BBQ, Christmas, Coquille St Jacques, Game, Halloween, Lobster, Mushroom, Mussel, Pumpkin
- Cold, 2-7 °C
Sakura Cress® is the Koppert Cress brand name for an edible plant. Sakura Cress has the flavour of radish, and its beautiful deep red colour makes it a great visual addition to a dish too
he cress adds a fresh, spicy taste to fatty dishes such as steak tartare or tuna. Sakura Cress has a wide range of uses, and it's particularly good in cold dishes.
Sakura Cress is the dark purple version of our Daikon Cress®. In the last 10 years, we have carefully developed this variety under own supervision*. The unique red/purple colour is caused by increased Anthocyanin levels, a very healthy product, Up to 100% more than in normal radish.
Sakura Cress is available year round and can easily be stored for up to seven days at a temperature of 2-7°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Sakura Cress meets the hygienic kitchen standards.
The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically.
1 of 5
1 of 5
1 of 5
- Bitter, Sweet, Umami
- African, Alpine, Argentinian, Asian, Australian, Balkan, Baltic, Chinese, Nederlands, French, Greek, Indian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mediteranean, Nordic, North American, Persian, Portugese, Russian, South American, Spanish, Thai, Turkish
- Baking, Blanching, Blending, Canning, Chopping, Extracting, Gel, Marinating, Oil, Pickling, Smoke, Sous vide, Stir frying
- Black, Blue, Brown, Purple
- Breakfast, Cheese, Crustaceans, Fish, Game, Grill, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Pizza, Poultry, Salad, Sandwich, Snack, Soup, Starter, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Mozzarella, Cheese (others), Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Coconut, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Kalamansi, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Olives, Orange, Passion fruit, Pineapple, Pumpkin, Tomato, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Chives, Parsely, Beans, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Shiitake mushroom, Truffle, Mushrooms (others), Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Kalkoen, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Mustard, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Celery, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chicory, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Kale, Kidney beans, Lettuce, Onion, Potato, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Bread, Couscous, Egg, Olive oil, Ponzu, Rice, Seaweed, Soy sauce, Tofu, Yuzu
- Biotin, Phosphorus, Manganese, Molybdenum, Thiamine / Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C